Douglas S. Schildhaus, D.M.D.
Dr. Doug grew up in Massapequa and graduated from Massapequa High School in 1983. He received a Bachelors of Art in Psychology from Muhlenberg College in 1987. He went on to graduate from Boston University School of Dental Medicine in 1991. Dr. Doug then received a certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Pediatric Dentistry from Boston University in 1993.
Dr. Doug has been practicing on Long Island since 1993 and started the Woodbury Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics with Dr. Lisa in 1995. Together, they are extremely proud of how much the practice has grown.
Dr. Doug has extensive experience in treating children with special needs. He currently works with teenagers from several group homes, as well as focusing on children with Autism.
Dr. Doug is very involved in the below charitable organizations and organized dental associations:
- Flying Doctors of America, an organization that provides medical and dental care to less fortunate communities around the world. He serves on their Board of Advisors and is an active Medical Mission Team Leader on the Peru Mission.
- Nassau County Dental Society: Give Kids a Smile committee
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry: Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children campaign
- Day of dental screenings at Henry Viscardi School
- Vice President of Nassau County Dental Society
- Nassau County Dental Society Board of Directors
- Nassau Academy of Dentistry Trustee
- New York State Dental Association Delegate
- Co-Chairperson of Give Kids a Smile event
In addition, Dr. Doug is a sports fanatic with a passion for the NY Giants, Mets and Islanders. In his free time, he enjoys the outdoors and regularly plays golf.